DongGuan Courage Magnetoelectric Technology Co.,Ltd

Industry news

Air conditioning green efficient refrigeration choose ndfeb or ferrite?

According to the main goal of the seven national ministries and commissions jointly issued the "Green Efficient Refrigeration Action Plan" on June 13, the energy efficiency of China's refrigeration products will be greatly improved on two nodes: by 2022, The level of the energy efficiency of household air conditioners, multi-connected refrigeration products will increase by more than 30%, and the market share of green and efficient refrigeration products will increase by 20%. By 2030, the overall energy efficiency of refrigeration will increase by more than 25%, and the market share of green and efficient refrigeration products will increase by more than 40%.
 
So what about the use of rare earth permanent magnets in the field of home appliances? As we all know, rare earth permanent magnets are used in the field of frequency conversion of home appliances, such as variable frequency rotor compressors and scroll compressors. It is understood that in inverter compressors, The application rate of NdFeB is only about 46%, and most of the rest (About 54 %) is still using ferrite.
 
The mainstream grades of NdFeB used in compressors are mainly products of 48SH and above, such as 48SH, 38UH, 38EH, etc.; The current prices for these brands between 320-390 yuan, Assume that 0.12kg of NdFeB is used on each compressor., the market price is between 38-47 yuan. For ferrite, the price is only 68 yuan / kg, its amount is several times the amount of NdFeB, the price is more than 10 yuan at most, far cheaper than NdFeB, but the use of ferrite will lead to increased compressor volume, This will increase the amount of other raw materials such as steel, copper, refrigerant, etc., and will also increase the cost of raw materials.
 
The most important thing is that the maximum intrinsic coercive of permanent ferrite is only about 5.2 Koe, and the maximum magnetic energy product does not exceed 5.2 Koe. However, the coercive force and magnetic energy product of the lowest grade NdFeB in the inverter compressor are At 19Koe and above 36Koe, the performance of ferrites is impossible to achieve the current first- and second-level energy efficiency standards. According to the industry's online understanding, the upcoming new energy efficiency standard will change the old 1 to 3 products to 1 to 5 products. The new energy efficiency standards are basically variable frequency products in grades 1~3. The requirements for energy efficiency of air conditioners are further improved, and it is very likely that ferrite performance will not be further matched. Therefore, neodymium iron boron will become the mainstream in the field of inverter air conditioners.
 
It is understood that some inverter compressors are mainly based on permanent ferrite magnets, and the profits are relatively high. However, pure ferrite cannot achieve the corresponding performance at all. Therefore, the ferrite added with rare earth is used to achieve the performance required of the inverter compressor. But the shortcoming of this product is that the performance is slightly worse and larger, although the cost is lower, but in today's quality competition, product stability and after-sales are the most valued by consumers, not just the price, so, the introduction of new energy efficiency standards will be beneficial to the increase in the proportion of NdFeB in inverter compressors. However, how to improve the energy efficiency ratio will continue to pay attention.

Magnets related to this article;

keyword tags NdFeB

Article link:http://www.couragemagnet.com/news/hyxw/222.html

Copyright Notice:Copyright statement: Courage Motor's magnetic steel manufacturers follow the industry norms, and the reprinted articles indicate the author and source. At the same time, the original articles edited on this site must indicate the source when reprinting.

CONTACT US

Contact: Emily Feng

Phone: 135-5660-1560

Tel: 0769-23388351/2

Email: salesd@dgcourage.com

Add: No. 302, No. 1, Longtong Road, Xinhe Community, Wanjiang District, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China